Winter Storm Preparedness Tips
- Get a heating system inspection to spot problems that could flare up during a storm
- Purchase and install a generator before a storm strikes to keep your lights on, your refrigerated food fresh, your phones charged.
- Keep your heating oil tank filled in case a storm delays heating oil trucks from reaching your home.
- Keep your cell phones charged if there are warnings of a storm. If power goes out, this may be your sole means of communication.
- Know the local places that will allow you to use their heat and electricity in case of emergency.