Test Your Heating System Well Before Heating Season
As summer arrives, the last thing on your mind is heating. But there’s nothing more frustrating than starting up your heating system when you need it most only to discover a problem! You can avoid this by testing it now to make sure you have ample time to prepare for the heating season in case there’s an issue.
- To check your system, just follow these simple steps:
- Check that the emergency switch is in the "on" position and turn up the thermostat at least 10 degrees higher than the actual room temperature.
- Wait a few minutes to hear your heating equipment hum into action.
If the equipment doesn't start up, press the reset button on your burner's relay just once.
If your system still doesn't start, consider these points before calling your local heating oil dealer:
- Are the emergency switches on? (There may be two, one at the stairs and one at the boiler.
- Did the fuse or circuit breaker for your equipment trip?
- Is your thermostat set properly?
Boiler or furnace still won't start? Contact your local heating oil dealer today, and they’ll have your system working the way it should right away!