Test Your Heating System Today
Fall is almost here, which means winter is around the corner. While it’s isn’t quite time to pull out your winter coats quite yet, you don’t want to have to brave the first days of winter without a functional heating system. Test your heating system now to make sure it’s working properly and ensure you aren't left in the cold when temperatures start to drop.
Checking your system is as easy as 1-2-3. Just take the following steps:
- Check that the emergency switch is in the "on" position and turn up the thermostat at least 10 degrees higher than the actual room temperature.
- Wait a few minutes and make sure you can hear your heating equipment hum into action.
- If the equipment doesn't start up, press the reset button on your burner's relay once.
If your system still doesn't start, consider these points before calling your local heating oil dealer:
- Are the emergency switches on? Keep in mind that there may be two: one at the stairs and one at the boiler
- Did the fuse or circuit breaker for your equipment trip?
- Is the thermostat set properly at least 10 degrees over the current temperature of the room?
If your boiler or furnace still won't start, contact your local heating oil dealer, and they’ll have someone over to fix the problem right away!